Group Leader for Out of School Time - $500 Sign-on Bonus
United South End Settlements has Competitively Generous Benefits:
- Salary range- $15.00-$18.00 per hour, depending on credentials
- Now offering a $500 sign-on bonus for new employees who join our Early Childhood Education team, paid out across the first 3 months of your employment.
- Generous paid time off benefits including 3 weeks of vacation, 12 holidays, 5 personal days and accrued sick time
- 4 Professional Development Days
- Health, Dental and Vision Insurance Plan
- Flexible Spending Accounts
- 403(b) Retirement Savings Plan
- Group Life/Accidental Death & Dismemberment/Short Term Disability - 100% Employer Paid
- Employee Assistance Program
We are currently seeking full-time Group Leaders for our year-round program.
What you will do:
- Collaborate with Club48 Program Coordinator, ECE Assistant Director and support staff to develop and implement activities with a focus on Science, Technology, Engineering, Art, and Mathematics (STEAM)
- Design and lead group thematic activities considering the social, educational, and recreational interests and needs of school-age children
- Provide a consistent, structured daily program, and homework assistance during a daily homework period, for an assigned group of children
- Manage and maintain an organized, safe, welcoming, and clean classroom environment
- Be a positive role model, demonstrating professionalism and a deep commitment to USES values
- Engage with and build rapport with children’s families maintaining open communication with families of the children assigned to his/her group
- Become well versed in other support services offered throughout USES for families
- Observe, record, and report significant individual and group behaviors
- Comply with the program's positive discipline policy
- Identify opportunities to enhance teaching skills and participate in training as recommended by the leadership
- Attend professional development days, staff meetings and weekly team meetings
- Complete other duties as assigned
What we are looking for:
- Have a Bachelor's degree or an Associate degree, and have 3 months of experience working with school-age children
- Have a high school diploma or equivalent, and 6 months of experience working with school-age children
- Must demonstrate an interest in and commitment to working with children and families
- Demonstrate flexibility to receive and implement supportive feedback
- Experience in designing and leading activities for children strongly preferred
- Excellent communication skills, planning and organizing, attention to details
- Must be able to climb, reach, stand, walk, finger, talk, hear, and be capable of repetitive motion
- Position requires exerting up to 20 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 10 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly
- Must demonstrate close visual acuity
What you will love:
- Developing your skills alongside an experienced ECE Director, leadership and administrative team
- An opportunity to draw on your own experiences, as well as learn and teach new skills, supporting your professional development
- Executing a variety of tasks during the day to keep you engaged and motivated
- Autonomy to implement new strategies and ideas in collaboration with the ECE Director and cross-functional team members
- A positive organizational culture with a focus on collaboration, transparency, excellence, and growth
- Competitive salary and benefit offerings
The above statement reflects the general details considered necessary to describe the principal function of the job identified and shall not be considered a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the job.
About United South End Settlements:
The mission of United South End Settlements (USES) is to harness the power of our diverse community to disrupt the cycle of poverty for children and their families. USES believes families have the best chance of reaching their potential when they have long-term, holistic support. Our goal is to empower families in the South End and the surrounding areas to stabilize, achieve economic mobility, and become more resilient through access to resources and connections to a diverse social network. We have integrated our programs and implemented new initiatives to support the whole family, providing children and youth with early childhood education, club48 after-school programs, and Camp Hale, a summer camp on Squam Lake in New Hampshire. We also support parents and caregivers to identify and pursue goals important to their family through one-on-one coaching and provide job training, placement, and career development. We value diversity in every setting and are committed to building diverse social networks of individuals with various backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives who share our vision for disrupting the cycle of poverty. To learn more, please visit our website at www.uses.org.
USES Core Values
- Community: We believe in engaging the entire community as a catalyst in our model of service that helps children and their families build strong, trusting and mutually beneficial relationships.
- Diversity: We believe that we achieve the greatest positive impact on children and their families when we include people from various backgrounds, skill sets, and perspectives in disrupting the cycle of poverty.
- Opportunity: We believe that all people have potential and deserve access to top quality educational and economic opportunities.
USES Organizational Norms and Behaviors
Collaboration: Finding ways to Work Together with each other and across our departments and positions
Positivity: Having a “Can Do” Attitude even when things are tough or stressful
Transparency: Having Open Communication by sharing successes, challenges, and ideas with each other
Excellence: Doing the Best We Can all the time with everything we do
WORK EXPECTATIONS AT USES
Masks are required to be worn indoors by staff and all children over the age of 2 years.
Vaccination is strongly encouraged; we do require weekly testing on site.
This role is 100% in person, on site at 48 Rutland Street, Boston, MA
Our program operates between 8:00am and 6pm. Staff work an 8.5 hour shift within that time frame
------------------------------EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER------------------------------
USES is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to age, race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, marital status, disability or protected veteran status, genetics, or any other status or characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. USES is compliant with the American with Disabilities Act and we are committed to making special accommodations for your interview or work as a member of our team.